Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Very First Blog Post!

Hello everyone! I've been procrastinating on starting this blog for awhile, mainly because I couldn't think of anything to say. Now, I STILL can't think of anything to say but I've decided that I'm going to bite the proverbial bullet and start typing anyway. This is very stream-of-consciousness writing - whatever I'm thinking, it's going onto the page. We'll see how this goes!

I'll start with an introduction for those of you who are wondering who on Earth is at the helm. My name is Angela and I am one-half of the duo that makes the items you see at http://thecuriouscupcake.etsy.com . To be honest, I don't even make up half of the items you see there - I make the beaded flower arrangements and accessories only. But I DO take all of the pictures and do many of the descriptions of the items you see so I guess that makes up for my lack of item-making talent! My partner, Kelly, is the creative mind behind all of the wonderful jewelry you see on the site. She's always coming up with something new to try and it's nearly impossible to keep up with her once she has something in her head! I absolutely love taking the pictures and promoting us in the forums; I honestly believe that's where I'm most useful as far as the business is concerned. I've met a lot of wonderful people on Etsy, that's for certain!

This blog won't always be about the business, sometimes it will be about current events or just random tidbits about life here in the capitol of Michigan. Like right now, football season is about to begin and you can practically feel the excitement. Michigan State University is just a few miles from our house and you better believe Saturday is going to be a HUGE day in the area. The first home football game is always an experience, especially when you live with an alum with season tickets! I get to watch all of the family's dogs while they go to the game...but this means I get to watch it on TV with no worries about the weather, which works for me! :)

I hope you all will enjoy this blog and will like hearing our stories, seeing our new items, and checking out my fellow Etsians shops that I will feature as often as I can! Please follow the blog and keep checking back for more fun!

Until then,
Angela

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! I hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Blog! Of course I will be stopping by to read...and shop. Haha. ;) Maybe it'll encourage me to use my darn blog more often.

    And randomly...we have our first home game this Saturday too, and all of Fresno is psyched. (and hoping we don't get stomped by Cincinnati.)

    -Sar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Glad that you started one!! Once you learn, you can teach me!! :)

    I'll be watching!!!

    CHEESE OMELET!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting is half the battle! Congrats - you should add your Etsy badge too! GOod luck! -kg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Angela!
    Good for you! I'm following you now. I have a blog but it is basically inactive as I just fell behind on every thing. Lokking forward to popping in here and there. Have fun!
    Lou

    Loustudio.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done Angela for setting up your blog! Looking forward to reading more - I'm glad to have seen you after your feature on my blog and hope all is going well :) Debs www.debs102.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete